VIRUS (Visible Integral-field Replicable Unit Spectrograph) Instrument Summary
- Low scattered light
- Predicted 50% peak throughput on the sky
- Still populating with new spectrographs on a weekly basis. As of Jan 2019, we have 47 pairs of spectrographs installed (78 when complete).
- VIRUS spectrographs cover 3500-5500A with R~700
- Fibers are 1.5" diameter, IFUs are 50"x50" on the sky, separated by 50" (a 3-point dither fills in most of the intra-IFU space).
- Total field of view is 16'x16'.
- For target acquisition and auto-guiding notes, see the performance page
Last updated: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 00:36:53 -0600 stevenj